Rogers Elementary School

Contact Campus

Phone: 469-633-2000
Fax: 469-633-2050
Email: rogers@friscoisd.org
Report an Absence: neatheryprk@friscoisd.org


10500 Rogers Road
Frisco, TX 75033

Campus Namesake

Dr. Isaac Stewart Rogers was the first doctor and the first mayor of Frisco. He was the son of pioneer settlers in the area who came to Texas in 1847 from Jackson County, Tennessee. Dr. Rogers was born in 1861. He attended the school known as Allen Academy, and in 1882 he began his medical studies under J.B. Hill of Lebanon. In 1886 he received his degree in medicine from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. He then met Dr. J.D. Carpenter, a practicing physician in Little Elm, and they became partners.

Dr. Rogers married Sudie Kate Gough in 1888 and they had nine children. In 1902, when Frisco was founded, Dr. Rogers moved his family to Frisco, building one of the town’s first houses. For most of his 48 years of practice he worked for the good of the people of Frisco, looking after not only their physical needs but giving counsel to their every day issues and concerns. He was dedicated to his profession, to the people he served and to his community. A firm believer in education, many of his children attended college and gave back to the community – Viola taught music at the Frisco School and Erskine Forsythe worked at the First State Bank and owned and operated Roger’s Drug Store.

Jennifer McGowan

Jenny McGowan


Campus Information

  • School Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
  • Year Opened: 1987
  • Mission: Create a learning community where every child is recognized by name and need.