The Frisco ISD Board of Trustees approved an order of election at Monday's Board meeting, formally calling an election to fill Places 4 and 5 on the School Board.
Board members are elected at-large by the citizens in FISD to three-year, staggered terms. They not only represent the public, but also translate the needs of students into policies, goals and strategies that reflect the standards and values of the community as a whole.
Two places are on the ballot this year, including Place 4, currently held by Board President Anne McCausland, and Place 5, currently held by Board Secretary Debbie Gillespie.
The election will be held Saturday, May 6, 2017. Names that will appear on the ballot include:
- Anne McCausland
- Jeff Snowden
- Asanga Jayatilaka
- Debbie Gillespie
- Grace Wang
Frisco ISD residents interested in running for School Board may pick up an application packet at the front desk of the Frisco ISD Administration Building, 5515 Ohio Drive, Frisco, TX 75035, during normal business hours.
The application should be returned to the FISD Superintendent's Office and filing officer Michele Crutcher no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, February 17.
The full timeline for the election is as follows:
- First Day to Apply for a Ballot by Mail - January 1
- First Day to File for Place on Ballot - January 18
- Last Day to File for Place on Ballot - February 17 at 5 p.m.
- Last Day to Register to Vote - April 6
- First Day of Early Voting By Personal Appearance - April 24
- Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail - April 25
- Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance - May 2
- Election Day - May 6