Important Senior Dates:
- Senior Portraits: Please go to cady.com/schedule to schedule your senior portraits.
- September 16th College Fair Online
- Jostens Graduation Orders TBD
- Frisco Education Foundation Scholarship Presentation TBD
- Frisco Education Foundation Scholarship Application Open TBD
- RHS Blood Drives TBD
- Spring College Fair TBD
- Jostens Graduation Order Delivery TBD
- April 1st, 2021 Graduation Service Hours Due in x2VOL
- Prom 8-11pm TBD
- Class of 2021 Picture TBD
- Reedy Lions Awards (Invitation Only): TBD
- May FEF Scholarship Night @ Comerica (Invitation Only): TBD
- Graduation: Friday May 21 @ 7:00 pm - Ford Center at the Star
2021 Graduation Information:
It’s almost here! The Pride will soon be celebrating the graduates of the class of 2021! The purpose of this letter is to provide you with final details for our graduation activities and the last days of school.
Reedy High School Commencement for the Class of 2021
Friday, May 21st at 7:00 PM at The Star in Frisco
1 Cowboys Way, Frisco, TX 75034
Important Dates/Graduation Information for Parents & Students: FISD Information/FAQ document
- Thursday, May 20th is a half day with only 1st and 2nd Period classes (B Day) for all students.
- Friday, May 21rd (A Day) is an Asynchronous day for all students.
- Hold List: RHS will be contacting Senior students the Week of May 10th who have any outstanding fines, return of equipment, library books, textbooks etc. that need to be completed prior to Graduation
- Graduation rehearsal will not be held this year.
- Tickets for Graduation: All students will receive 10 tickets. RHS Seniors will be receiving an email on May 5th to their FISD email account with specific details, including ticketing access codes. All ticketing will be digital through the Mobile AXS App. There are no opportunities for additional ticket requests. All guests are required to have a ticket for entry. RHS Seniors will be responsible for distributing access to their 10 allotted tickets. Seating will be general admission with ticket for entry to The Star.
- Accessible Seating for RHS Graduation Ceremony: Family and friends needing accessible seating due to disability will need to be included in ticket distribution by RHS Senior and will have access to designated seating along the seating bowl of the concourse in The Star, on a first come, first serve basis, see ADA Map
- RHS Seniors Arrival at The Star: RHS Seniors can begin entering The Star at the designated Graduate entrance starting at 6 PM. All graduates must be checked in through security and be in the building at The Star by 6:30 PM on Friday, May 21st and be dressed for the graduation ceremony with their cap, gown, 2021 stole, and related regalia. Ceremony will start promptly at 7:00 PM.
- RHS Seniors needing an Accessible Entrance to The Star: RHS Seniors needing an accessible entrance, please refer to ADA Map for entrance location
- RHS Seniors being dropped off at The Star: Seniors that are not driving need to be dropped off at the designated location shown in this link Graduate Drop Off Map
- RHS Seniors that are driving their own vehicle to Graduation: Seniors that are driving need to park in the designated lot as shown in this link (see Gravel Lot # 2) Graduate Parking Map.
- Graduation Dress Attire
- Male Students: for will be slacks, dress shoes and a collared shirt.
- Female Students: will be a dress/pant suit with dress shoes.
- Jeans, Shorts, Athletic Shoes or Flip Flop Sandals will not be permitted
- FISD Graduates, as per District Guidelines, are not allowed to decorate their Cap in any way.
- Graduates will be REQUIRED to have a mask on for entry to The Star. RHS will be providing an RHS -Class of 2021 mask at entrance to the Star
- Graduates will not be required to wear a mask while walking across the stage to get their diploma.
- Items RHS Seniors can bring into The Star
- Cap/Gown/Graduation Regalia
- Car Key (if applicable)
- All items not allowed will be confiscated by The Star staff.
- After entering The Star: RHS Graduates will pick-up their Name Card, have access to Jostens for any graduation regalia needs and then head to the field for Graduation ceremony seating (see Graduate Arrival Map)
- Restroom Access for RHS Graduates: Students will be able to access restroom facilities on the field-level concourse before entering the field. Once students enter the field area, they will not be allowed to leave until the conclusion of the Graduation ceremony.
- Family and Friends Parking at The Star: Parking will be available in the Gaylord and Gridiron lots (pictured # 3 and 4 on map). All other lots will not be available. In consideration of being able to attend the graduation ceremony, please take into account the amount of time necessary to park, walk to The Star, locate your seats prior to the beginning of the commencement ceremony that will start at 7 pm.
- Access to The Star for Graduation: Family and Friends of RHS Graduating Seniors will begin 60 minutes prior to the ceremony, starting at 6 pm.
- Order of Presentation of Graduates: In accordance with ongoing FISD disease mitigation protocols, staff will work to assist students in maintaining social distancing throughout commencement ceremonies. As a result, students will enter the seating area in the order they arrive and be ushered to their seats on the field at The Star. Students will not be seated in alphabetical order and will not cross the stage in alphabetical order. RHS Graduates will be allowed to text their family and friends in order to let them know that they will soon be crossing the stage. Please remember when celebrating your graduate’s recognition or name being called that any extended celebration may prevent the parents of the next graduate from hearing the name of their graduate. Your consideration and courtesy is appreciated.
- Graduation Photography: will be provided by GRAD IMAGES capturing images of graduates receiving their diploma cover and for posed shots as they walk off stage. Refer to their website for more information. GradImages.com/Registration
- Outside Food and Drink: The Star will NOT allow outside food, drinks, signs, balloons, flowers or any type of noise makers to be brought to the ceremony.
- The Star Bag Policy (Family and Friends of RHS Graduates): Please be aware that per facility policy, all family and friends are required to pass through security and have their bags searched for prohibited items. Bag policy for The Star can be found here. The Star Bag Policy. RHS Graduating Seniors are only allowed to bring their phone and car key (if applicable) in The Star. All RHS students, family and friends will have to pass through The Star Security before being allowed into the building. All items not allowed will be confiscated by The Star staff.
- Livestream of Graduation Ceremony: a Livestream will be available and archived for later viewing. Links to watch the RHS Graduation ceremony will be posted on the Frisco ISD Information/Graduation FAQ document.
- Where to meet RHS Graduates after ceremony: RHS Graduates will exit The Star through the West parking garage and will be able to meet parents/family on the Tostitos Plaza after the conclusion of the RHS Graduation ceremony.
- Graduation Programs: Programs will be distributed at entrance of The Star on the day of graduation.
- Shuttle to The Star for RHS Graduation ceremony: FISD will not provide shuttles for graduation at The Star, as there is ample parking available.
We want to ensure our RHS Graduation Ceremony is a successful and memorable experience. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.